I know many of you have been looking for ways how to install android on wave.
The method i am going to tell you is the easiest understand and implement
so that anyone having basic knowledge of flashing could do it.
And your warranty will not be voided as you are having Bada OS.
You should flash with full firmware of your region to get warranty.
What works in this version
What NOT works in this version
* You won’t need the Ubuntu CD or vBox if you are using this.
WARNING: Flashing is NOT without risk. Do NOT do this if your haven’t Flashed Ever THIS MIGHT BRICK YOUR PHONE.
4. Click FOTA, Select the FOTA you just downloaded.
5. Bring your phone to download mode. (When Switched off press Volume down key + Call End key + Lock Screen Key at the same time )
6. Click Port search,
8. When done boot bada to make sure the phone works fine. If it does. Continue
In this step i will discribe how to install VirtualBox and Ubuntu,
2. Install it. When installing i Suggest you download and burn/mount ubuntu if you haven’t yet.http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download
3. Make a new VM in VirtualBox. Jst follow the steps. If you have 4GB RAM I would recommend assigning 1GB to the VM
4. Install ubuntu on the VM. I’m not gonna explain how to do that, just follow the wizards.
2. In the VM window you see the menu, Click Devices -> USB Devices -> Samsung Electronincs GT-S8500 Wave. This will connect the wave to ubuntu
3. Launch gParted and wait till it’s done scanning. At the right top corner you’ll see a drop-down box. This will list all seperate devices. In my case /dev/sdb was the SD Card. You’ll just have to look which one os yours(See it according to your MEMORY CARD size)
Note: In this case i am assuming we’re using the standard samsung 2GB SD card.
4. You found your card? Great, Now first format the partition(s) and then delete them all
5. Then (assuming you’re having a 2gb card) Split the card in half (that mean make 2 equal sized partitions) the FIRST partition must be FAT32 the second MUST be ext2( )
This part can ONLY be preformed on Ubuntu.
In this part we’ll need the
a) galaxyboot files(make a folder named “galaxyboot” (without quotes) and the put sbl.bin and zImage file in that folder)
1.Log in as root on your ubuntu box if you haven’t already.(if have performed Step 3 then you are root)
2.(re-)connect your wave so it mounts the partitions.
3. Open up the filesystem and move the CONTENTS of the filesystem folder to the root of the ext 2 partition.
4. Open up the internal memory of your wave and put the galaxyboot folder in there. In there you should have two files: zImage and sbl.bin
Okay, now we’re ready for first run. This does NOT mean we’re done yet.
READ THIS ENTIRE STEP BEFORE STARTING
1. Remove the USB cable and shutdown bada
2. When shut down press the end call button and immediately after that you press the start call button. Release the end call button when the screen turns on
3. When you see the Samsung GalaxyS S screen release all the buttons.
Notice: It may take up to 5 minutes for first time boot. As long as the screen stays on everything is fine.
Notice2: In case your screen turns of remove the battery and double check everything you’ve done.
4.Booted up? Awesome. Pass the welcome wizard. Do NOT type in the keyboard part. This will freeze the phone.
5.You passed it? Great. Now you can continue
6. The phone will ask you which launcher to use. I don’t car which one you use. I’ve always used TwLauncher. it’s up to you
7. In order to let your keypad work normal Go to settings -> Text and Locale -> Samsung keypad -> Uncheck all
This is it. Now your phone should function normally. If things go wrong for you do not hesistate to ask.
I stay stuck at the Galaxy S logo or it boots bada
A: I dunno, Redo all your steps (except for the flasing part)
I want to see some proof of android running
A: Go to http://livestream.com/ShadowAS1
My apps wont install
A: This is an permissions error. If you have CHMODDED everything as told then it should work.
Q: What file system is required on the SD Card?
A: 1st partition must be FAT16 or FAT32. 2nd parition must be ext2 (Recommended) or ext3.
Q: What is the size of the ext2 partition?
A: Recommended 1GB or below. Up to you if you want to set more, but got reports that the partition crashes after 1st boot or can’t install apps when partition is over 2GB.
Q: My WAVE stuck at the Galaxy S logo, what to do?
A: There can be several reasons:
1) does “galaxyboot” directory exists in the root of internal memory?
2) had performed “chmod -R 0777 ./*” on the SD Card partition?
3) had performed “sudo sync” after copying files?
4) had safely removed the USB? Remove from the Virtual Box and then remove from the Windows before unplug.
5) maybe some files in the ext2 filesystem already crashed.
6) you must have not done something, try do it over again.
7) your luck for today is used out, please try the next day. (just kidding )
Q: Some files in ext2 crashed, what to do?
A: No way to recover those files. You may either format the partition and copy all files again, or perform a check using gParted to remove those files and copy them agin.
Q: I cannot unlock my screen, what to do?
A: Try many times to wipe and unlock it, then change unlock screen method by using PIN. Or try to reboot, may have problem gone, and chance to crash the ext2.
Q: My wifi don’t work, what to do?
A: Use static IP. Your router also need to setup to use static IP. If you don’t know how to set static IP, try search the forum or wait for someone fix the issue.
Q: How to install apps?
A: Download from market if wifi works. Or download the apk file on sd card and install it inside Android.
Q: Where to download apk files?
A: Anywhere you can download apk file…
Q: How to power off Android?
A: Press End Call, select Power Off from the menu. Wait until the WAVE have a little vibrate, and the bada boot logo should comes automatically.
Q: ext2 partition on my SANDISK card always crashes after first boot, what have goes wrong?
A: There are reports that SANDISK cards (4G / 8G / 16G) always crash the ext2. If you have a SD Card of another brand, try use it. If not, please help to test out how to make it stable.
Q: I don’t want Android anymore, what to do?
A: 2 options: 1) Leave it there, or 2) flash you phone with another full firmware and all data lost.
Q: My screen turns off and locked after 30sec idle, what to do?
Go App Market
Download Load Monitor
Open it, go to preferences
Click “Add Notification”, “Only Notify high load”, “Auto Start”
and “Wake Lock”
That’s it, your phone won’t shutdown in idle anymore.
VISIT OFFICIAL THREAD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1118436