Samsung Wave I (GT-S8500) & Wave II (GT-S8530)
Alpha 0.1 Release
“Seriously, Don’t Try To Sell This… You’ll Really, REALLY Regret It” Edition
So once again it’s time. Introducing the first alpha development preview of CyanogenMod 10 (based on Jelly Bean) for the Samsung Wave.
This preview is intended only for developers as it is in a very early development stage and not all features of the device are fully working.
Let’s emphasize that– THIS IS AN ALPHA, RELEASED FOR YOU TO PLAY WITH AND GET A SENSE OF WHAT’S TO COME. AND SOME THINGS DOESN’T WORK. REALLY. IF YOU ARE EXPECTING ANYTHING CLOSE TO PERFECTION, WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER, LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR AN HOUR OR SO, THEN COME BACK. MORE EXCITING DISCLAIMERS/WARNINGS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS CAN BE FOUND BELOW. READ THEM.
This firmware version BadaDroid – 0.1 (based on Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and CyanogenMod 10 ).
What works in this version:
– Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, (Bluetooth only works on the S8500)
– Micro SD (memory card)
– Touchscreen (display)
– Music, sound and vibration
– HD games with the cache (for example GTA 3 and NFS MW )
– The main and front cameras (photo and video)
– The correct battery level
– Brightness adjustment
– Accelerometer and LED flash
– Recovery (creating and restoring backup firmware via ROM Manager) For the first time in this release (ported from SGS, especially for this Release)
– earned advanced settings
– support TVout
– mDNIe setting
– setting color display
– the camera button
– the button should work HOME
What does not work:
– Modem (calls, SMS, mobile internet)
– GPS, compass
– Lock Screen ( phone is switched off – the problem is only in 8530)
– Charge your phone on Android is still not recommended
Instruction updated per 0.06 release and newer! Do not use releases older than 0.06.
Bada 2.0 is required
- Enter Bada Settings->General->Memory and make sure you have at least:
- 370MB of free “System” memory
- 150MB of free “User” memory
- 400MB of free “Applications” memory
- Download 3 packages: BOOTFILES, armlinux_boot and selected release for your device (please pay attention if it’s S8500 or S8530 BOOTFILES and FOTA you’re choosing!):
- Start Bada.
- Extract zImage from zip and copy it to the Bada’s User partition (the one about 390MB big).
- Copy whole .zip to the Bada’s User partition.
- Flash BOOTFILES and FOTA using Multiloader.
If you have been already using my FOTA bootloaders, you don’t need to flash BOOTFILES.
- Reboot the phone holding Power and Call key.
FOTA set of red messages should appear, after about 15seconds Badadroid logo shows up.
- Be patient, first bootup will keep unresponsible on Badadroid logo for up to 5 minutes.
- CWM Recovery starts, pick:
- install zip from sdcard
– choose zip from sdcard
– cm-10-wave-<release id>.zip
– Yes – install
- Reboot holding the Power key
You can remove installation .zip from the User partition from Android level by connecting through USB in MTP mode.
Do not remove zImage file and modem directory.
Normal bootup is available using Power+Call keys
CWM Recovery mode is available using Power+Volume Up keys
CWM Flashing does overwrite zImage. So every next update you can just flash .zip through CWM.
HOW TO UNINSTALL
Follow the steps there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…&postcount=393 (thanks Volk204)
Oleg_k, mijoma, nbates66, anghelyi, Volk204, mikegapinski and many others.
Special thanks to chrmhoffmann for letting me kang his release description.
Patched firmware for the phone (for 8500 and 8530 on bada 2.0):
1) Download and Flash through Multiloader FOTA and BOOT files to your phone:
Download CM10 Rom: http://goo.im/devs/Rebellos/wave/cm-10-wave-0.1.zip