Hey guys here is the latest version of the Cm10.1 Android Jellybean by our xda-developers guys (Volk204 and Rebellos). This version is an update to the previous version v0.31. In this version there are more enhancements done in the modem and Bluetooth also.So do try this and report your experience.
Credits For Work
Volk204: He has put in lots of effort to make the modem functional(Its not quite upto the mark but its getting there sooner).So he gets a great cheer for fixing the modem part which was the main problem for the past 2.5 years.
Rebellos: He actually started off working alone on this project and wanted to bring android to bada devices.So hats off to him also for not giving up and bringing us android on our dead Samsung Waves.
And There are few others too: like Tigrouzen, Soxix, mijoma and others who’s name are not mentioned here for making this project a success.
Changelog 0.32 Version
- Incorrect LCD type detection in S8530 with HWREV 0×5 has been fixed. LCD should work on ~99% of Waves 2. (Thanks to Rebellos)
- Bluetooth MAC is correct.
- Modem directory moved to /data/radio (experimental patch)
- RIL: Fixed handling SMSC number in national format
- Corrections to the key mapping. Still to be polished. Call key as BACK, Middle as MENU, long press – recent apps, End Call as ENDCALL, long press show power off menu (fixed correct power off process), short press “Go to Home”(it is not real HOME key, but it revert to HOME screen in most of cases), lock as HOLD – only screen on/off (framework patch) http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6…adroidv032.jpg
- Upstream CM patches.
Bada 2.0 is required
- Enter Bada Settings->General->Memory and make sure you have at least:
- 370MB of free “System” memory
- 150MB of free “User” memory
- 400MB of free “Applications” memory
- Download 3 packages: BOOTFILES, armlinux_boot and selected release for your device (please pay attention if it’s S8500 or S8530 BOOTFILES and FOTA you’re choosing!):
- Start Bada.
- Extract zImage from zip and copy it to the Bada’s User partition (the one about 390MB big).
- Copy whole .zip to the Bada’s User partition.
- Flash BOOTFILES and FOTA using Multiloader.
If you have been already using my FOTA bootloaders, you don’t need to flash BOOTFILES.
- Reboot the phone holding Power and Call key.
FOTA set of red messages should appear, after about 15seconds Badadroid logo shows up.
- Be patient, first bootup will keep unresponsible on Badadroid logo for up to 5 minutes.
- CWM Recovery starts, pick:
- install zip from sdcard
- choose zip from sdcard
- cm-10-wave-<release id>.zip
- Yes – install
- Reboot holding the Power key
You can remove installation .zip from the User partition from Android level by connecting through USB in MTP mode.
Do not remove zImage file and modem directory.
Normal bootup is available using Power+Call keys
Updating If You Are Already on Previous Version
- CWM Recovery mode is available using Power+Volume Up keys
- CWM Flashing does overwrite zImage. So every next update you can just flash .zip through CWM.
HOW TO UNINSTALL
Follow the steps there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…&postcount=393 (thanks Volk204)
Oleg_k, mijoma, nbates66, anghelyi, Volk204, mikegapinski, hunktb, autra, Tigrouzen and many others.
Special thanks to chrmhoffmann for letting me kang his release description.