Sorry We are little late in updating you guys with the progress on Badadroid Project. But here is the update:
Volk204 has updated the Kernel.The new Kernel Update brings VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) calls and Audio and Video Recording now works.
What does that mean ??? It means that you can now talk to your friends or anyone in the world using Skype,Viber or any other VoIP service, which in my opinion is equivalent to a phone call.So hats off to both of you Volk204 and Rebellos , you guys have done an amazing job.
And the new kernel has the following features:
Kernel Update for v1.1
- Audio recording and video recording fixed
- So now we can use VoIP applications on wave with Wi-Fi
- Audio in call is still broken
Big thank to Rebellos. i just found good topic on ALSA forum with solution and Rebellos implemented solution.
How To Install and Important Files To Download
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip full gapps
flash through CWM (recovery)
KNOWN BUGS (what doesn’t work):
Most of the modem (GSM/GPRS) functionallity:
- Mobile data(3G/2G)
- Audio in Calls (you can calls but you have no good voice from both sides), so only call notification is good
- SMS bug on some phones
Network indicator is full all time
Bluetooth on Wave 2
Some problems with screen calibration on Wave 2
Don’t leave phone charging without supervising – if it gets enormously hot, disconnect it – this can literally blow up battery as there is no overheating protection yet. Do not leave it connected on 100% – it’ll discharge by 1% all the time, and then recharge, what’s very unhealthy for battery.
Maybe something else, what i forgot
Bada 2.0 is required
- Enter Bada Settings->General->Memory and make sure you have at least:
370MB of free “System” memory
160MB of free “User” memory
400MB of free “Applications” memory
- Download BOOTFILES, armlinux_boot for your device from http://goo.im/devs/Rebellos/wave (please pay attention if it’s S8500 or S8530 BOOTFILES and FOTA you’re choosing!):
- Download ROM: http://www.multiupload.nl/H0THJFGQAQ
- Start Bada.
- Extract zImage from zip and copy it to the Bada’s User partition (the one about 390MB big).
- Copy whole .zip to the Bada’s User partition.
- Flash BOOTFILES and FOTA using Multiloader.
- Reboot the phone holding Power and Call key.
- FOTA set of red messages should appear, after about 15seconds Badadroid logo shows up.
- Be patient, first bootup will keep unresponsive on Badadroid logo for up to 5 minutes.
- CWM Recovery starts, pick:
- install zip from sdcard
- choose zip from sdcard
- cm-10.1-wave-<release id>.zip
- Yes – install
- Reboot holding the Power key
You can remove installation .zip from the User partition from Android level by connecting through USB in MTP mode.
Do not remove zImage file.
Normal bootup is available using Power+Call keys
CWM Recovery mode is available using Power+Volume Up keys
CWM Flashing does overwrite zImage. So every next update you can just flash .zip through CWM.
HOW TO UNINSTALL
Follow the steps there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…&postcount=393