Hi all Volk204 and Rebellos has released the latest version of the CM11 Badadroid v4 which is based on the latest version of the Android that is v4.4.2. This is the ALPHA version do just do ahead, and complaint about it since the developers already mentioned that its an alpha version so they won’t entertain complaints and they might get irritated by useless questions.
So just download and install this new version of CM11 Badadroid v4 and enjoy…:)
FEATURES of CM11 Badadroid v4
- Android 4.4.2
- CM sources of 13.01.2014
- Updated to linux kernel version 3.0.101
- 270 MB RAM
KNOWN BUGS (what doesn’t work):
- Network registration don’t work with some SIM cards
- GPS - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…postcount=1371
- Conference Calls
- Some problems with audio codec settings, but generally it should
- Impossible to shut down phone in android, only restart
- Don’t leave phone charging without supervising – if it gets enormously hot, disconnect it – this can literally blow up battery as there is no overheating protection yet. Do not leave it connected on 100% – it’ll discharge by 1% all the time, and then recharge, what’s very unhealthy for battery.
Maybe something else, what i forgot
Bada 2.0 is required
- Enter Bada Settings->General->Memory and make sure you have at least:
370MB of free “System” memory
160MB of free “User” memory
400MB of free “Applications” memory
- Download BOOTFILES, armlinux_boot for your device:
(please pay attention if it’s S8500 or S8530 BOOTFILES and FOTA you’re choosing!):
- Download ROM from CHANGELOG section
- Start Bada.
- Extract zImage from zip and copy it to the Bada’s User partition (the one about 390MB big).
- Copy whole .zip to the Bada’s User partition or SD Card.
- Flash BOOTFILES and FOTA using Multiloader.
- Reboot the phone holding Power and Call key.
- FOTA set of red messages should appear, after about 15seconds Badadroid logo shows up.
- Be patient, first bootup will keep unresponsve on Badadroid logo for up to 5 minutes.
- CWM Recovery starts, pick:
- “install zip”
- “choose zip from from storage/sdcard1″(Bada’s User partition) or “choose zip from storage/sdcard0″(SD Card)
- cm-11-wave-<release id>.zip
- Yes – install
- Reboot holding the Power key
You can remove installation .zip from the User partition from Android level by connecting through USB in MTP mode.
Do not remove zImage file.
Normal bootup is available using Power+Call keys
CWM Recovery mode is available using Power+Volume Up keys
CWM Flashing does overwrite zImage. So every next update you can just flash .zip through CWM.
For activation Performance and Developer Options categories in Settings you need Settings->About Phone and tap 7 times on Build number
GAPPS make our ROM slowler, because also slim GAPPS take about 15-20 MB RAM permanently
SLIM GAPPS: http://d-h.st/users/ZordanKV/?fld_id=28623#files
HOW TO UNINSTALL
Follow the steps there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…&postcount=393
Special thanks to Rebellos for his CM10 ROM, for his good sources and many time, what he spent for my learning
Another Badadroid devs: Oleg_k, mijoma, nbates66, anghelyi, mikegapinski, hunktb, autra, Tigrouzen and many others.
CyanogenMod team for base ROM
Pawitp, kasper_h and all other aries developers
Paulk and Replicant project for good base for bada-modem RIL
and many other who help us.
CM11 Badadroid v4 initial release: http://www.multiupload.nl/YHC2P74SJZ
- CM Sources 13.01.2014
- Big patch set from mackay kernel:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show….php?t=2532813 :updated CPU governors, I/O schedulers, and many other performance patches
- 80Mb zRAM
Common bug for all low RAM devices with KitKat ROM:
- Incoming calls sometimes take a long time to display.
Pawitp created workaround for it:
flashable zip: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…postcount=1732
Now ZRAM settings moved to kernel and i want to ask you to test kernels with different values of zRAM
http://www.multiupload.nl/4EY0TRBQC5 - 100Mb zRAM
http://www.multiupload.nl/L0SD7LPGM7 - 120Mb zRAM
All test kernels should be renamed to “zImage” before testing
For testing kernel just replace it on Bada User partition
Overall project thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show….php?t=1459391