[ROM][WIP] CM11 Badadroid v4.2 Wave 1 and 2 (Updated on 9th March 2014)
All credits for development of this ROM goes to Volk204 and Rebellos
Hi guys I know we are very late in giving updates to you guys but as you know that there are a few updates coming for our Samsung Wave devices.But here is an interesting update related to CM11 Badadroid v4.2 by Volk204 and Rebellos, This update has latest changes made by Cyanogen Mod Team and most importantly Volk204 has fixed the GPS issue which is as of now provides Basic GPS functionality.
Changelog CM11 Badadroid v4.2:
- CM sources 21.02.2014
- Many changes from CM core team
-Added Basic GPS
GAPPS make our ROM slowler, because also slim GAPPS take about 15-20 MB RAM permanently
SLIM GAPPS: http://d-h.st/users/ZordanKV/?fld_id=28623#files
Bada 2.0 is required
- Enter Bada Settings->General->Memory and make sure you have at least:
370MB of free “System” memory
160MB of free “User” memory
400MB of free “Applications” memory
- Download BOOTFILES, armlinux_boot for your device:
(please pay attention if it’s S8500 or S8530 BOOTFILES and FOTA you’re choosing!):
- Download ROM from Above
- Start Bada.
- Extract zImage from zip and copy it to the Bada’s User partition (the one about 390MB big).
- Copy whole .zip to the Bada’s User partition or SD Card.
- Flash BOOTFILES and FOTA using Multiloader.
- Reboot the phone holding Power and Call key.
- FOTA set of red messages should appear, after about 15seconds Badadroid logo shows up.
- Be patient, first bootup will keep unresponsible on Badadroid logo for up to 5 minutes.
- CWM Recovery starts, pick:
- “install zip”
- “choose zip from from storage/sdcard1″(Bada’s User partition) or “choose zip from storage/sdcard0″(SD Card)
- cm-11-wave-<release id>.zip
- Yes – install
- Reboot holding the Power key
You can remove installation .zip from the User partition from Android level by connecting through USB in MTP mode.
Do not remove zImage file.
Normal bootup is available using Power+Call keys
CWM Recovery mode is available using Power+Volume Up keys
CWM Flashing does overwrite zImage. So every next update you can just flash .zip through CWM.
For activation Performance and Developer Options categories in Settings you need Settings->About Phone and tap 7 times on Build number
HOW TO UNINSTALL
Follow the steps there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…&postcount=393
Main developer who is involved in the development of the Rom is Volk204 all credits to him for his hard work , thanks to Rebellos for his CM10 ROM,
Another Badadroid devs: Oleg_k, mijoma, nbates66, anghelyi, mikegapinski, hunktb, autra, Tigrouzen and many others.